Welcome to the 2nd day of favorite things! I am thrilled to welcome my fabulous friend, Rhoda of Southern Hospitality, over to my place today. Rhoda is classic, beautiful, wise, and kind. She was one of the first to warmly welcome me into blogging. She shares my love of yard sales and has a thrifty treasures linky party every Monday in the spring and summer. I love the stories the layers in her home tell, and she is not afraid to try new things. Mostly, I love her because she introduced me to beadboard wallpaper! Now, don’t you be go going and calling her Rhonda, it’s R-H-O-D-A, without an “n.” :)
Some of my favorite posts of Rhoda’s are: Finding Your Style, A Salon Wall, and 10 Tips for New Bloggers. I’m also jealous that she got to spend some time on PW’s ranch.
Take it away, Rhoda:
1. My very favorite thing to collect for my house at the moment is white dishes. I started this about 3 years ago and have had so much fun adding to the collection. It grew so much that I've had to slow down and not bring anymore home, since I have almost run out of display space. But, I hope to remedy that soon with some cool shelving in my kitchen. The fun of white dishes is mixing them all up and they look fantastic together. You can't tell which ones are yardsale finds (well, most of them are yardsale finds) and which ones could have come from a local store, they all look great together.
3. I use lip balm every single night and many times during the day, since my lips just tend to get dry. One of my faves that I found is by Burt's Bees and right now I'm partial to the Pomegranate one, but really any of them are great. Inexpensive as they are, they work well to hydrate those parched lips.
4. I won a giveaway in blogland last year and in my gift pack was Mrs. Meyers dish soap in the Basil scent. I opened it up and started using it and it has the best smell of any dish soap I've ever tried. Now I'm out and haven't stocked up on it again and this reminds me that I must find more Mrs. Meyers to buy. That basil scent is just the best! And no, it doesn't smell like the Basil herb, but has a very distinct and pleasant smell.
5. Every morning, I get up and fix myself one cup of coffee. Not just any ole' cup of coffee, it has to be doctored up just to my liking and that means plenty of vanilla syrup, a little flavored creamer and the finishing touch is frothing some milk with my Frabosk (Made in Italy) creamer that I found for $3 at the Goodwill.
That's been the best $3 I have ever spent and this little gadget has made my morning cup of java that much tastier. Mine is a ceramic version, but you can still find them online in stainless steel. Those Italians know a thing or 2 about making coffee. I can hardly drink coffee now without my special little touch of froth on the top, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Bliss, pure bliss!
6. Olay Regenerist Filling Cream - I just started using this last year and have been very happy with it under my makeup. It feels like silk going on and makes my makeup feel better on top. I use Bare Minerals and this stuff feels great to me as a base and I do think it helps with those fine lines, to make them not as noticeable. And believe me, I need all the help I can get in that area. ;)
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality
Thank you, Rhoda! Just a friendly reminder about the linky party on Friday! We’ll have a giveaway with a favorite thing from each of the guest bloggers this week…
What do you think of Rhoda’s favorites? I really need to try Mrs. Meyers basil…anything that will help me get me in the mood to clean!