On the second week of New Year, New You my true love sent to me: a Withings Smart Body Scale!
Kind of makes you want to be sleek and slim yourself, doesn’t it??
I was sure it was going to be a beast to set up since it’s all up to-do date and techy, but not at all. Put the batteries (came with it) in the back, attach the feet if you will be using it in carpet, then take it to your computer, iPhone, iPad, whatever wireless device you use, and connect it with the USB.
From there, you will set up an account on the Withings website, complete with a username and password. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. Here’s the cool thing: every time you weigh yourself, you simply step on the scale. You don’t have to push on, tap it once to get to zero, etc.
You’ll see the little bar fill up and you’ll know that it’s sent to your wireless device where it’s stored safely. Then, it goes dark and no one will ever know your weight if you don’t want them too. If you see one of these scales at a friend’s house, don’t step on it when you are in the bathroom! Because your weight will be sent to the owner’s online account. It will show up as an unknown user.
BUT if you’ve always wanted to know how much your skinny friend weighs, ask her to test your scale to see if it’s accurate. bwahahaha :) My friends are making a mental note to never come near it at my house.
My favorite things
- It graphs your weight so you can see your progress and determine what’s working and what may not be. You can choose to have it emailed to you. Whether you weight yourself weekly or daily, you can see the little trends and try to think about what may have influenced them? Tuxedo cheesecake? Lots of water that day? Maybe that exercise is finally starting to pay off in the weight department? If the weight is beginning to creep up, you can make changes that day: a salad for lunch may be in order.
- I love how it looks.
- It is so simple, and it tracks my BMI and % body fat as well.
- Everyone who uses the scale can set up a separate account where they can track their progress as well.
- The price. It’s a healthy investment at $160. I would have never given it a second glance at that price, but now that I’ve used it, I’m thinking that it would be a fantastic gift for anyone that loves health/body stuff.
- I don’t see how any scale can accurately test your % body fat from your bare feet? I’m tempted to take a real body fat test at my doctor’s and compare.
But, of course the best part is that we’re giving one away!!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post: why would the Withings Smart Body Scale be a good thing for you?
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/18 - 1/24
Be sure to visit the Promotions & Prizes page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
Also be sure to visit the Inspiration to Fitness page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers' reviews, get great fitness tips and find more chances to win! You can also roll over the Best Buy image at the top of my blog to view a calendar of all the Inspiration to Fitness content. Good luck!
Best Buy does not sponsor, endorse, approve, or have any responsibility for this promotion.