Sprouting wheat grass is super easy. Promise. It has to be easy, or I wouldn’t do it again.
1. Gather some wheat kernels (I used hard red wheat) or go to your local health food store and tell them you want to sprout wheat grass and they should point you in the right direction.
Soak them in water overnight, or until you see sprouts starting to pop through.
2. Sprinkle over soil in containers and lightly kind of mix it in, but you don’t want them covered with dirt. Spray water daily to keep moist. Mine was pretty sparse last year, so I layed it on thick this time and was much happier with the results.
3. Watch it grow!! Mine has been growing for 2 weeks and I’ve already given 2 haircuts.
These are tins from Target Dollar Spot:
4. If it starts looking limp, water.
5. Cut it with scissors if you want to. It smells so good when it is being cut! Just like a freshly mowed lawn in the summer…
I’ve found it’s just about perfect if I start growing the grass 2 weeks before easter~it would be cute for the Easter table to tuck some eggs inside. Here is an update of how mine looked over 2 weeks:
I’ve also seen it recently in stores with the seeds:
Happy grass growin’!