There is already some talk about school supplies, registration, and fall football around here, but I’m still loving summer and wanted to share some things I’ve loved with you all:
* a 16 slice apple slicer! This was a gift from my mother in law, apples are more fun to eat in pretty, thin slices :) I had never seen more than an eight slicer.
* the wet brush! I’ve seen these on many favorite things lists and my daughter got one this summer (thanks Kristine!) and we love it. It makes brushing through wet hair a breeze, perfect for after baths, pools, and water parks.
* my friend Stacy wrote a book called Natural Accents, all about bringing the outdoors inside for décor and brightening up your home. It’s full of step-by-step diy projects and tips -- I loved her ideas!
* a spinner flag pole -- I love to fly the flag all summer and this is a must so it doesn’t get wrapped around itself or tear right off in a bad windstorm. The pole turns with the wind so the flag stays in place. Genius, huh?
* The Passion and Perils of the Insatiably Hungry -- I briefly met Kirsten when I was visiting family in Missouri, and I got the best package in the mail that included her book! I did not know what to expect, I thought it was going to be about farming, (?) but it was so fun to read -- I honestly could not put it down and finished it in about a day and a half. I fell in love with Adrian and her family, and loved the recipes and tips at the end too. A great summer read!
* pure grace lotion -- I got this from my sister Kelsey and I think it is perfection for summer -not complicated, just light & clean, a freshly showered scent.
* 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites. If you’ve been reading long you know I’m a huge OBB fan. This cookbook is packed with delicious ideas on the lighter side, no guessing or counting required! Some of my favorites are the sweet corn salad,
pad thai, roasted garlic chickpeas, and the chipotle chicken corn chowder. Yummmmm!
* Sally Hansen salon manicure ultra wear top coat. This is my life saver in the summer to help my toe polish last 2 weeks. You can even use cheap polish, then top it with this. Love it!
Have you come across any great finds this summer? Books, recipes, gadgets, beauty items? We’d love to hear --