Nester is having a Price My Space Party! Love this party because I have the annoying trait that I can remember where I got almost everything in my house and how much I paid for it. I'm so glad others do as well...
Let's take a look at the dining room, aka eat in kitchen space:
Skip to #2: (I put #1 and #5 below)
2. Made an 80's framed print into a chalkboard with a few coats of chalkboard paint. $5 for the framed print at a yard sale, 3.00 for a can of chalkboard spray paint at Walmart. Total: $8
3. Curtains are Pottery Barn's Harrison Stripe. They sell on their site for $69 for each panel, but I found them on Ebay for $29 for the pair. Score! Love the thickness and rich color.
4. Dining Room table~we bought about 6 years ago in Idaho from the classified ads for $450. The oak wouldn't have been my first color choice, but it's solid wood, heavy, sturdy, includes 2 leaves that can make it huge. It's been a perfect family table for us. If I get ambitious, I may give it a new finish one day.
6. The light fixture came with the house. Not the prettiest, but at least it's black and not brass :)
Here's a close-up of #1 and #5:
1. Pottery Barn picture ledges: $10 for both from a yard sale in Idaho. They were white and I spray painted them black.
*the black frames: my sil, Kristine picked them up for me at $1 a piece at a bargain outlet called Market Square in Utah, and they came with the mats!
*the bigger black frames in the middle: one is from a yard sale for $1 and the other from Walmart for $3. I've put pictures of all seasons in the frames so I never have to worry about switching them out.
Total for both ledges and frames: $23
5. Little kitchen corner:
*little white table is from a yard sale~haven't done a thing to it and I love it. $8
*accessories on top of the table:
lamp from a yard sale $1, green enamelware bowl with green balls $10 from some shops in Utah, little picture frame .25 yard sale, and the red and white striped dishcloth was from Ross for 1.99.
* The black ladder back chair is from a yard sale for $5 and the wreath was free from my mom.
So, my grand total with furniture and all accessories: $530.21
Not too shabby...
Have a great Monday!