and since then we have bulged some houses right to the seams. Right now we are renting a 3 bedroom duplex while we are building and things are feeling a little uncomfortable again, so I thought I’d share some favorite tricks for squeezing out every inch of space.
9. Use vertical space. Think up! Install shelves, find pretty baskets, use the space above your cars in the garage, and in closets.
8. Under cabinets: work that space!
7. Use skinny spaces and some creativity in hallways for picture display:
6. Remember the back of doors! I made mine into a wrapping station here:
5. Over the door hangers – use them for shoes, use them for medicine, for snacks, you name it. Cut them to the size you need.
4. Re-think your closet. In many instances, it makes more sense to do 2 clothes rods rather than just one.
3. Display it in a lovely way. It’s easier to remember what you have when you can see it in front of you:
2. Use the sides for storage:
1. Hang it up: use mesh bags to store bath toys. I also use a drawstring bag on a hook that holds rain ponchos.
and read this book!! Still my go-to guide for organizing: get mad! Calm down, make a plan, get rid of stuff, give everything a space and organize it in a thrifty, lovely way.
You guys! This is it for September~we made it! A post for every day in September. I’m kind of going to miss it, but I do have to tell you it’s hard to do projects and write posts every day. I’ll still be around plenty and I kind of feel like I’ve got my groove back on. Click on the image below to take you to all of the every day September posts. I’ll see you back here in October!!