Here we go...back to the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby! I have a shelf in my built ins on either side of my fireplace that needs something holiday on it, so we're going to come up with something without breaking the bank. I buy:
At the Dollar Tree:
- two rectangle tin trays (this is the back of one)
- a 3-opening frame (I got mine back in Sept and they actually had white! My store still has the brown, so you could spray paint it white) $1
- 2 ceramic candlesticks~these ones were sponge painted blue, so I just spray painted them Wal-mart white (can you believe not the cream???) $2 for both
- 2 snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby for $2 a piece ( I have also seen almost identical ones at Target and Michaels, or use some of your favorites, or the dollar tree has some great ones as well!)
- go into my scrapbook stash and pull out some glitter letter stickers, and some cute red and green tags. If you don't have these, head to Michaels or HL to round some up, and you'll probably go over the $10 mark. Sorry! Or, you could just print out the letters on some cute paper.
- I dig out a red candle from my candle drawer and slice it in half, since I only have one. I know, I could have bought another, but I really didn't want to head out again, so I improvised. Again, if you don't have red candles, grab some at the Dollar Tree.
My total is $7 ~yea!
Then, I spray paint my trays with an Oregano color left over from a box I did for my girls' room. I attach a little piece of velcro to the ornament and the tray and attach. Hot glue didn't cut it for holding the ornament, so I resorted to velcro. It took a cheap looking tray very quickly to a nice little backdrop frame for my ornament. I love the little beading around the edges!
Put everything together on the shelf!
I went a little crazy at the dollar tree, so I'll be back with some fun finds for inexpensive (yet oh so chic!) holiday decor.
Happy Wednesday to y'all~I'm going to go face the mountain of laundry that is clean, it just needs to be folded and put away. I know, I should have just folded it as it came out when everything was nice and warm and wrinkle free, but decorating for Christmas is just much more fun.
I am not going to touch my computer until it's done. I'm not....