I loved this video:
2. A little history from my history teacher older brother in an email this morning: World War I ended with an Armistice on November 11, 1918, which went into effect at 11:00 am-the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of the year. Armistice Day is still observed on November 11 of each year, although it is now called Veterans Day in the United States and Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations and parts of Europe.
3. This brother ^ and I are 10.5 months apart. I think that’s pretty much as close as you can be without being twins? We are the same age for over a month of the year :) We have always been good friends.
4. I love sound/feeling of breaking crayons in half. When we were little, we used to break crayons in half an say, “ahhh, the secret formula!” I still find myself picking up stray crayons and getting a little adrenaline rush…
5. I was asked the main difference between the American Girl dolls and the Target Our Generation dolls. Honestly, my girls have loved both, but I would say the major difference is in the hair:
6. I love garbage day. There is just something deeply satisfying watching your garbage/junk being taken away.
7. Doesn’t a room feel automatically cleaner if there are vacuum lines on the carpet? My sil Kristine always teased me that it looked like I mowed our old shag carpet in our apartment in Logan. I love that Alison from House of Hepworth’s did a post how to make perfect vacuum lines!
8. I love this movie
9. Does it bother you when companies do this with their names? Karl’s Karz or Candy’s Cutz. I don’t know why it drives me crazy, but it does.
10. I made this 10 minute taco salad last week and my family loved it. I loved it because it was 10 minutes to make~it’s in our keeper file.
11. I’m not in a hurry for Christmas this year. I haven’t pulled out any holiday music or started any Christmas crafting..maybe because the weather has been so beautiful this fall, but I’m still loving it and not wanting it to end. We went on a little walk around a pond here, and I loved how this last leaf was still hanging on. We watched it for a while and was sure it would blow away, but it held on. Maybe I’m like this tree :)
I can’t believe I pulled out 11, but this date deserved a special post.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!