2. Rolling green hills: everywhere else seems rather brown after living here.
3. the fireflies: is there anything more magical than sitting on the porch on a summer night and watching the twinkling lights in the trees?
4. blue jays & cardinals & dogwoods. I will miss our colorful friends at the bird feeder and the dogwoods in the spring. Did you know they are the VA state flower?
5. the red bridge (Sinking Creek Bridge outside of Newport, VA)~a perfect place for a picnic lunch on the way up to go blueberry picking (we love Woodall Blueberries) or quick wade in the creek. So many memories here.
6. Blacksburg: the fantastic schools in a quiet town with the benefits of a University influence (go Hokies!). A friend and I were talking and saying how we appreciated how families are valued here~I have never had rude comments about having 5 kids (and believe me, we’ve had them in other places).
7. Yummy food: pepperoni rolls from Roma’s Pizza, the Frosty Parrot downtown, Carol Lee donuts!
8. No sprinklers: God does the watering in this part of the country.
9. History everywhere you turn. Civil War, Revolutionary War, heck…our country started here in Jamestown.
10. The people. Wonderful, down-to-earth, come as you are, friendly people. Oh, how we’ll miss our friends here.
And top 3 things we won't miss?
3. Poison Ivy
Virginia people, let’s hear it! What do you love about this wonderful state?