I want to show you how to make the easiest pillows ever -- these are the ones on the front porch in the Christmas home tour. They are made out of dishcloths! These were at TJ Maxx, a pack of 2 was $4.99. Gather your dishcloths, some filling (if you have an old pillow that’s flat or worn, just rip it open), and some heat ‘n bond and an iron. Of course you could sew, but you know I avoid that whenever possible.
You just fold the dishcloths in half,
place the tape down and lightly go over it with an iron to secure it.
When cool, remove the paper tape part and then the clear fusing will be left
Press the top down on top of it, and iron about 10 seconds to seal. Do this with 1 short side and 1 long side
and then on the last short side, stuff with your pillow fillingand then secure the same way. I found that a flat iron works well for this last part!
And there you have 2 pillows for under $10 if you have some pillow stuffing around and buy the fusible webbing. The stocking pillow directions can be found here.
Perfect for some holiday cheer!
How is your shopping coming along? Here are a few deals I spotted for today that might help you out:
* this is the last day for 25% off any book at Amazon. We are excited about The Little Box of Lego Projects in this house. Use code BOOKDEAL25, only one code per account.
* a rare Ulta 20% off coupon! Use in-store or use code 204816 at checkout
* 5-speed hand mixer $5.99
* Macy’s $10 off $25 coupon OR an extra 20% off, whatever savings is greater
* Pivotal Tracker 1 Activity and Sleep Monitor [Amazon Exclusive] -- this is being released Dec 20!
* download the Pro App for Home Depot and use it to add items to your cart. At checkout, use code PROAPP50 to receive a $10 off $50 discount
* Today (Tuesday only!) Brooks Ravenna men’s running shoes $50.99 with code 6PMEU1216201415114 at checkout OR Women’s Mizuno Wave Universe for only $42.50 after code 6PMEU1216201415114 at checkout
* some affiliate links may be used in this post. Please see full disclosure here.