1. a place to store treasures: a box under the bed, a drawer, a basket that is just for them: no one will touch it and they can bring out their inner pack rat. We usually clean these out after Christmas and sometime in the summer. If they begin to smell, you better find out what’s in there now.
2. a place for books. Use baskets, shelves, racks, bins, ikea spice racks. Books are a must and create the best bedtime bonding.
3. a place to pin stuff up: we love every child to have a bulletin board so they don’t put a million holes in the walls. Hang them behind the door, in a closet, above a desk. A place where they can hang pictures, programs, artwork. In the boys’ room they are in a closet:
4. a spot for dirty laundry: our basket is by the closet.
5. Hooks behind the door for robes, hats, coats.
Here are some other organizing tips for small spaces
and also for toy closets.
Since I’m the queen of organizing :) ha! I’m not, but just some things that have worked for me. What about you -- any great tips for organization in kids’ rooms?