I live near a Sherwin-Williams now (hurray!) and I want to tell you why they are *my* paint store now. I’ve loved their colors (hello, kilim beige here and here, pavestone here and ivoire here) but I figured they were an expensive, custom paint store that maybe wasn’t for people like me. When we moved here and began building our home, I started going in to the Provo, Utah store to look at paint colors I had seen online and I began to change my mind. Here’s what I love:
* they have a little play place for my boys so I can actually peruse and look and ask questions without being rushed or worried they would wander over into power tools. And hot cider and a table for me to sit at. ♥
* they have real live, paint people! Not flooring-in-the-morning-can-you-cover-the-paint-desk-this-afternoon but knowledgeable, friendly, PAINT people. This is all they do and they know their stuff. I can ask Chad, the manager at the Provo store what paint he recommends for dressers in little boys’ rooms that will get lots of abuse. Sherwin-Williams multi-purpose primer topped with Sherwin-Williams Pro Classic latex, without hesitation. BAM. They have used the paint. They talk to contractors daily. He knows the most popular colors in our area. They will actually help you and point you in the right direction.
* I used to think they were really expensive because of the quality of their paint. I soon discovered they have awesome promotions. Guess what is happening this upcoming weekend? Their anniversary sale – 35% off! PLUS you can use coupons with the sale (see below!) I dare you to find a better paint for a better price. It’s unbeatable. A little trick I use: buy the cans of paint at the really good sales, and they will tint it for you later.
* the colors, the pamphlets, the companies they team up with. You can take catalogs home that they have put together with ideas and tried and true, gorgeous colors. Lines from Pottery Barn, West Elm, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Wiiliams, and other collections for interior and exterior that will fit any style.
And the best program for paint lovers everywhere: their new Paint Perks program:
* FREE! Sign-up online or in-store.
* get a $10 off $50 coupon right away.
* get 10% off your purchases
* they save your colors and paint for you for 10 years. Like when you are ready to move and need to touch up paint and are wishing you hadn’t thrown out those paint cans?? They have the exact formula and paint stored in the database for you.
* when you sign up, you will the first to know about the awesome sales and promotions in your inbox.
So, are you convinced? Go sign up. And go visit your Sherwin-Williams store. I have a feeling you’ll love them as much as I do.
****giveaway now closed, winner is #81 Elaine. Thanks!****
* I reached out to Sherwin-Williams to partner with them because I love their company-- I only partner with companies that I can stand by. Opinions, ideas, pictures writing are 100% mine – full disclosure here.